Customers Ask Honest-1:
Aren’t you just an auto repair shop? Why do you care about breast cancer?
We are MORE than an auto repair shop. We are your neighbors, your friends, and your community members. Our tagline states “The Most Important Part is YOU” and at Honest-1, we truly believe that while we take expert care of your car, we know that care expands to customer safety as well.
Everyone in our shop has been affected by breast cancer in one way or another and we assume that many of you have been, too. Because of that, we want you all to be informed of the risks, stats and facts. According to the National Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc…
- One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime.
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of death among women.
- Each year it is estimated that over 220,000 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,000 will die.
- Although breast cancer in men is rare, an estimated 2,150 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and approximately 410 will die each year.
Cancer grows when a cell’s DNA is damaged, but why or how that DNA becomes damaged is still unknown. It could be genetic or environmental, or in most cases, a combination of the two. But most patients will never know exactly what caused their cancer. However, there are certain established risk factors that are associated with breast cancer.
What are the Genetic Factors?
What Are The Stats?
60-70% of people with breast cancer have no connection to these risk factors at all, and other people with risk factors will never develop cancer.
These do not cause breast cancer
- Breast cancer is not contagious; you can’t contract cancer from a person who has the disease.
- Breast cancer is not caused by wearing underwire bras, implants, deodorants, antiperspirants, mammograms, caffeine, plastic food serving items, microwaves, or cell phones, as myths often suggest.
For more information about breast cancer, the National Breast Cancer Foundation or how to help, go to http://www.nationalbreastcancer.org.
There is no known cure for breast cancer.
Help Honest-1 spread education and awareness by becoming aware yourself. Remember to make your oil change appointment in September and/or purchase a pair of AutoTex Wiper blades. In both cases, a portion of your sale will go to finding a cure!