Customers Ask Honest-1:
Why do you feel it is important to give my car a comprehensive vehicle inspection every time it comes into your shop for an oil change? Wouldn’t it be quicker without one?
Depending on your individual driving habits, visits between oil changes can be three months or more. During that time, your car has traveled thousands of miles in many different driving conditions. In Arizona that could be construction zones, poorly maintained roads, dirt roads, extreme temperatures, or just the wear and tear of stop and go driving.
There is no way for us to tell how well your car is wearing just by looking at the exterior. Comprehensive vehicle inspections allow us to make educated determinations on services your car needs to keep it safe and efficient while getting you where you need to go. What do we look at during our inspections?
At Honest-1 we liken our comprehensive vehicle inspection to that of a medical doctor giving a physical and we take our job just as seriously!
When dropping off your car at Honest-1, we first listen to your concerns and needs. Then we will look at the manufacturers recommendations based on the number of miles on your odometer.
Key car components like brakes, fluids, tires, belts, air filters, engine components, and more lose their ability to function effectively over time.
Car manufacturers have a detailed schedule that, when followed, lessens the chance of costly repairs and maintains your warranty. Next we perform carefully designed visual inspections.
The following are just 10 or the many things we inspect:
- Battery performance- Is there enough power to run your vehicle? Are the terminals free from debris?
- Cabin Air Filter- Is this filter dirty causing you to breathe in air rich with contaminants, dust and debris?
- Hoses-Are they free from cracks, leaks or wear and tear?
- Tires-Are they wearing correctly? What is the tread depth? Are they safe?
- Brakes-Is there enough padding to secure that you are stopping on time?
- Fluids-Are they filled to proper levels? Are they dirty? Have they lost viscosity? Will they continue to protect key car components like your engine, transmission, brakes, power steering, and radiator?
- Steering and Suspension-Are there any leaks? Are parts corroded, missing, broken or loose?
- Lights-Is everything working properly to make sure you can see and can be seen?