Make sure your glove box contains the following: current vehicle registration papers, insurance card, paper and pencil (just in case you have to write down important details), a map, about $20 in small bills and change and phone numbers for Roadside Assistance.
It is also advisable to put together an Emergency Roadside Kit to carry with you. Of course, a cell phone for calling for help is tops on that list, but there are also other important items that you may not have thought of.
The 10 things you might consider keeping in your car before hitting the road:
- Cell phone
- The three F's
- First Aid Kit
- Jumper cables
- Jack and a ground mat for changing a tire
- Extra windshield fluid
- Work gloves to protect your hands from the items that get hot
- Basic repair tools like wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, etc.
- Duct tape (for temporarily repairing a hose leak)
- A jug of water for cleaning up
- Drinking water and nonperishable food
Being prepared will help reduce stress, keep you safe, and get you back on the road faster. Making an appointment with Honest-1 before your travels can help even more. How about making that appointment today? Stay safe!